Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Smoothies and Juicing

I found a really interesting documentary on netflix- Sick, Fat, and Nearly Dead. It was really interesting. This man from Australia had this terrible auto-immune disease and had gained a lot of weight. So went 60 days drinking nothing but juice and water-no eating. He had his own juicer and would just get fresh fruits and vegetables and thats all he had. The guy lost a Lot of weight, and also then was able to change his habits after and he is now really fit. Along with that it completely changed the way his disease was. By changing his diet alone all of his flares stopped and he went completely off his medication-This is insane. My mom has had an auto-immune disease for almost 10 years and my sister was just recently diagnosed so I'm very much at risk. Just knowing that changing your diet so dramatically could change your flares amazes me. While they don't have the same disease there are similar symptoms and medications. I just find the whole thing fascinating. This man also inspired another here in the states. This guy is so inspiring, even more so than the original guy. Phil Staples-he was a trucker with the same disease and over 400 lbs. It was too painful for him to move to walk around, his flare ups were unbearable, he wouldn't even see his kids because he was so depressed. After just trying 10 days of the detox, Phil did 60 days and was able to integrate it into his every day life. He lost over 220lbs and completely changed his life. This guy seriously blew my mind, it was just incredible his determination and strength to get this done. While my situation isn't as dire as these men, I think they're so inspirational that if my weight goal is so much closer I can Easily do this. I highly suggest that you watch this movie. It's not even about the juicing its just about really changing the way you eat. I've been thinking about having more veggie smoothies anyway so I really think I want to incorporate them more into my diet. In fact I'm drinking a delish smoothie right now. Loving it. I'll post the recipe later but seriously go watch that film it was just insane! And the reason I say smoothies not juicing is cause I just throw the whole chunks in the blender-its good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment