Thursday, February 16, 2012

Egg Cups!

These have been all over pinterest and I love to make them. Here is my own personal recipe, they are each 105 calories and easy to heat up in the toaster oven for breakfast!

My Recipe inclues:
  • Eggs, 10
  • Fat Free/Skim Milk 1/4 cup
  • Cheddar Cheese 1 cup graded
  • Bacon 3 strips
  • White Onion, 1/4
  • Mushrooms 2 cups chopped (about 5 mushrooms)
Also have
  • Cupcake pan
  • Metal cupcake liners
  • Saute pan
  • Optional-mixer
Other options to add in could be green onions, spinach, turkey bacon, ham-really whatever you like. More veggies would be great but this is what I had in my fridge today.

Set your oven to 350*! I always forget then have to sit and wait while my oven heats up. Then start by cracking your eggs into a container and add the milk. I give this a good whip with a fork then screw the lid on my mason jar to really shake it up. I'd suggest using a mixer, it really helps get the air into the eggs and makes them super fluffy-but I was tired of dishes today. 

*I did mine a little backwards and put the eggs into my liners first and I'd suggest doing it last. 

Cut up your mushrooms very finely and set aside. Set aside. Same with your cheese, set aside. I then sliced up my onion, again very fine you don't want huge chunks in these cups, and saute them. Set aside.  

I actually had about 5 bacon slices, but they were so fatty and not enough meat that I cut off a ton of the fat-almost half of what I had. Yuck, that is why I suggest either Really good bacon or turkey bacon. 

So once you have all the ingredients, fill your cupcake liners! Just distribute each of the ingredients into all 12 so they have about equal amounts. Then take your egg/milk mixture and pour it over the top of the ingredients. They should be about 3/4 full when you're finished.


Bake these babies for about 20 minutes, or until the egg is set. Then they pop out in the liners (really helps with cleanup) and you can wrap the top with tinfoil and store in your fridge. If I make a lot of these, I usually put some in the freezer and then pull them out at least a day before I want one and let it defrost in the fridge. You could probably use the microwave but we don't have one. 

These are delicious, and I love that they're already made in the morning because I'm lazy. And 105 calories isn't too shabby!




No comments:

Post a Comment