Wednesday, February 22, 2012

HIIT

So I've heard of this, and I think I'm going to try it tonight with Karen. High Intensity Interval Training is supposed to be the best cardio for weight loss. For example, after a 3-5 minute warm up, go from 10 seconds of fast and higher resistance to 20 seconds of rest, and repeat 7 more times. It doesn't seem long but it really does get your heart going. The goal is to steadily increase your intensity time to 30 seconds. I'd like to try this several times a week and then do a lower paced hour cardio like usual. This kind of exercise is not for building muscle, but for burning calories and help in losing fat.


This guy lost 30 lbs in 2 months with these 4 minute workouts. Maybe this will be harder than I thought, but I'm really excited!

2 comments:

  1. Cat.... whatcha talkin about girl? "and then do a lower paced hour cardio like usual."

    hmmmmmm. Cause that aint what ya told me or what we did at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I mean like if I do HIIT 4 days out of the week and then just the regular cardio 2 days. But not HIIT and then another set of regular cardio, I'd die. I do 20-30 on elliptical then weights then another 20-30 when we have time to stay long and Muki's killin Karen's abs.

    ReplyDelete