Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ab Goal

This week I've been doing an ab circuit that follows:

  • 10 crunches
  • 10 crunches to the left, left leg on right knee
  • 10 crunches to the right, right leg on the left knee
  • 10 leg lifts, lift legs held together vertically, lower till just above the ground and repeat-don't let them touch the ground!
  • 10 scissor kicks, bring apart legs together until the right overlaps the left, again until the left overlaps the right-this is one kick and again don't let your feet touch the ground
  • 10 pushups-a good pushup not only strengthens your arms and legs but if done correctly tightens your stomach. Right now I'm still on my knees not my toes for my pushups but still holding my arms, legs, and stomach tight until I can do a full pushup.

I repeat this 3 times to get 30 of each. It's my goal to do this every morning and every night, and next Tuesday I will start doing it 4x, the week after that 5x and so on. It's my goal not to just lose the weight and get skinny but to be fit and build muscle. For today I've just finished a full triple circuit and will do another after the gym tonight!

The leg lift
Thank you Cosmopolitan for the pics

No comments:

Post a Comment